Stop hiding in the bushes and touching every spiky plant, as everyone’s favourite series is back, as Best Friend of the Podcast Gilles de Coster invites another ten candidates to join him in some challenges, this time in Greece! As always, one of them has a second motive – to sabotage and restrict the pot as much as possible. Join Willy Sommers’ stunt doubles, Michael & Logan each week to uncover the truth behind the lies and try and find out who will succeed the King of the Regenpijps in our affections.
This week saw our fifth elimination, and it was Salim, much to Logan’s disappointment.
In this episode:
- Logan has reverse jet-lag.
- Is the live finale going to be going ahead?
- How do they enforce social distancing on Café de Mol?
- Would a loved one reveal too much?
- The intro quotes suddenly get very dark.
- We go fishing for clues.
- Is Willy Sommers really that famous?
- Someone earns a new Instagram follower.
- There’s a deep dive into the music of the episode.
- Logan gets caught in a lie.
- We exclusively reveal one cancelled part of the Belgian Mole finale plans.
- What impression do my family have of our co-hosts?
- Who developed the video game in the tower?
- Something we’ve been waiting five episodes for finally happens.
- There’s some completely inexperienced driving chat.
- I spot a lapse in sponsorship.
- Who actually got the red screen/firework?
- How did the execution game go so wrong?
- How much is Mole History playing into this season?
- We worry about getting duped by a music clue again.
- What thoughts should go through your mind when you see a screen in an elimination cab?
- We remember to look at the Predictions Pool & First Suspicions game, as a Switch is finally used!
- History threatens to repeat itself.
- And we try and predict who will go home next week and who will be in the Final Three.
A new season also means a new predictions pool for me to lose at! In our Belgie premiere, Logan & I each drafted four candidates – whoever was left over joined the team who lost someone in Week 2. Our fan-favourite Switches also return and can – as with WIDM – be used until final five becomes final four, which is this week!
With Salim being eliminated, that means Logan’s team is now down to Alina, Bart & Jolien and my team remains as Christian & Dorien.
with this being the last week that Switches can be used, I made a move and swapped Alina for Christian, so our locked-in teams are now Logan’s team as Bart, Christian & Jolien and my team as Alina & Dorien!
See you next week!