Pop the champagne and spray yourself with copious amounts of perfume, as everyone’s favourite series is back, and Best Friend of the Podcast Gilles de Coster invites another ten candidates to join him in some challenges, this time in Greece! As always, one of them has a second motive – to sabotage and restrict the pot as much as possible. Join the only two people who are genuinely concerned about the welfare of Alina’s dog – Michael & Logan – each week to uncover the truth behind the lies and try and find out who will succeed the King of the Regenpijps in our affections.
Unfortunately, due to the Coronavirus outbreak, Logan & I were unable to be at the finale live in Kinepolis but this week saw the Mole being revealed – and it was Alina! This means that I am – once again – the winner of our Predictions Pool!
In this episode:
- What is my one abiding memory of the finale from last year?
- There’s a few surprising corrections that we need to make!
- We have trouble with following a request.
- Why was the CGI so bad?
- Was it foolish to let your Mole be alone in the Money Room?
- Were they doomed to fail the money time challenge?
- Are drachmas still legal tender?
- Where did they get so many drachmas from?
- I’ve been doing some Open-Source Intelligence work.
- Logan realises why Bart & Jolien could be as filthy as they liked at the massage parlour.
- Why would Jolien get dirty looks in a Canadian Doctor’s Surgery?
- It all gets a little bit Amazing Race, thanks to a particularly iconic sound clip.
- Logan makes a foolish promise.
- Who is “Dikke Kussen”?
- Why did Alina sabotage the final challenge?
- What did we learn from the phone calls home?
- What would our first question have been if we’d interviewed Alina?
- Is the structure & pacing of the finale conducive to recapping?
- We look back at previous final challenges.
- Is this the smallest pot in Belgie history?
- Google Translate tried to get us into some big trouble.
- What difference does it make having a woman as Mole and a woman as winner?
- We find out the first hints of what Alina actually sabotaged.
- We tease what’s coming next week in our very special reunion recap.
- And how is Logan always able to work out who the Mole is in Week 1?
See you next week for the reunion & season wrap-up!