Change all of your childhood email addresses, as Best Friend of the Podcast
Papa Bear Gilles de Coster invites another ten eleven candidates to join him in some challenges, this time in the Land of Bratwurst, Beer and Bavaria – Germany! As always, one of them has a second motive – to sabotage and restrict the pot as much as possible, whilst avoiding the searching gaze of both their fellow players and the public. Each week, your two favourite Flemish alternatives – Logan & myself – will be attempting to uncover the truth behind the lies and try and find out who will learn that it’s not Vlaanderen Vakantieland and who we shouldn’t play board games with, beginning with the shock elimination of Jens and introduction of Noah to the group.
In this episode:
- What was Logan’s alternate intro?
- What are our plans for when the pandemic ends?
- There’s some location irony.
- We get all the COVID talk out of the way first.
- Does Gilles need a nickname?
- I set myself up for failure this season.
- How sought after were the spaces this year?
- Can any of the losing intruders be brought back?
- We reveal a losing intruder’s identity.
- A friend of the podcast gets a compliment.
- Logan learns about the lottery.
- There’s a quick quiz.
- Can anything good come of asking Sven to name the five female candidates?
- Why is Belgian Mole so good from a Production standpoint?
- What is our football knowledge like?
- Sven endears himself to a group of strangers.
- What’s the most crucial place to be on the first challenge?
- I try and evolve the intruder twist.
- We’re made to feel so old.
- What did Logan get accidentally spoiled on?
- Will the thumbprints be a hint again?
- Has Belgie Lore been broken?
- Will Belgie ever do all-stars?
- Noah arranges a sleepover.
- Logan gets a German lesson.
- Gilles sneaks something past us again.
- Did they get Samina’s job wrong?
- How should you check a dog is deaf?
- Why did Kevin learn Arabic?
- Karen has another bad year.
- Where should the Mole want to be in the first challenge?
- Was the Stowaway Mole properly briefed?
- Who do we suspect?
- What was Noah’s role in the first challenge?
- Who did I get confused between?
- Who will be going home first?
- And we launch both our Pool and First Suspicions.
A new season also means a new predictions pool for me to lose at! In our Belgie one, Logan & I will each draft five candidates following this week’s episode. As I won last year’s Belgian pool (entirely by stealing Alina from Logan’s team), I get first draft. Our fan-favourite Switches also return and can – as with WIDM – be used until final five becomes final four.
The teams will be revealed on next week’s episode!
You can also join us in the First Suspicions game by filling in our form. The form will be live until Episode 2 airs on Sunday!
See you next week!