Swear on the Leerdammer that you’re trustworthy, as Best Friend of the Podcast
Papa Bear Gilles de Coster invites another ten candidates to join him in some challenges, this time in the Land of Bratwurst, Beer and Bavaria – Germany! As always, one of them has a second motive – to sabotage and restrict the pot as much as possible, whilst avoiding the searching gaze of both their fellow players and the public. Each week, two guys who are never loose with their advantage money – Logan & myself – are attempting to uncover the truth behind the lies and try and find out who will learn that it’s not Vlaanderen Vakantieland, and who we shouldn’t play board games with, continuing with this week’s elimination of Jasmien.
In this episode:
- Are we going to compare the pot drain to Czechia?
- What is the main difference between what Bart did and what Lennart did?
- Is the “Ich Bin Ein Berliner” mistake a myth?
- Logan makes a joke that you won’t hear again until November.
- Why am I like Philip?
- Are we the only two people to have seen Ultimate Tag?
- How would we sabotage the art challenge?
- Was it a bit mean to penalise them for an open window?
- We have the first of two Gilles de Coster Dick Moments.
- Could they have done better at the art challenge?
- Is Sven basically the treasurer now?
- Would we have opened the dossiers?
- Is Philip the Mole’s greatest asset?
- Did they need the end twist?
- What is the value of information?
- What little thing shows why this production team are the best at what they do?
- How did it take six episodes for us to learn that Jasmien loves Cosmopolitans?
- Why were the dilemmas aired out of order?
- What will Isi’s challenge be?
- Would we have volunteered to fly?
- Why is English used on planes?
- Does learning to fly a plane appeal to us?
- Will anyone from this season get a De Slimste Mens invitation?
- Would the Mole want to be in the plane or the bunker?
- Is the Eye of the Storm that dangerous?
- What is the story behind this week’s banner?
- How much would Bart have bid?
- Is there a way to game the pot bidding challenge?
- How much would we have bid?
- Does the value of a vrijstelling change at Final Four?
- Why was Annelotte so furious?
- What was Lennart’s motivation for spending so much money?
- Will we see the €21000 again?
- Has anyone ever been immune in three rounds before?
- Does Jasmien actually know who the Mole is now?
- Why wasn’t Jasmien mad?
- There is another update to First Suspicions and our Pool.
- We try and predict who the Mole is (for the penultimate time this season!)
- History could be made in two weeks.
- Who will go home next week?
- Have we heard a clue?
- And did the Mole sabotage excessively?
A new season also means a new predictions pool for me to lose at! In the first episode of the season, Logan & I each drafted four candidates. As I won last year’s Belgian pool (entirely by stealing Alina from Logan’s team), I get first draft. Our fan-favourite Switches also returned and could – as with WIDM – be used until final five becomes final four, which was this week!
As Jasmien was eliminated, Logan’s team is now just Sven, and mine is Lennart, Philip & Annelotte.
See you next week!