Sit comfortably for storytime, as Best Friend of the Podcast
Papa Bear Gilles de Coster invites another ten candidates to join him in some challenges, this time in the Land of Bratwurst, Beer and Bavaria – Germany! As always, one of them has a second motive – to sabotage and restrict the pot as much as possible, whilst avoiding the searching gaze of both their fellow players and the public. Each week, two guys who would never dare discuss the underwear choices of those around them – Logan & myself – are attempting to uncover the truth behind the lies and try and find out who will learn that it’s not Vlaanderen Vakantieland, and who we shouldn’t play board games with, continuing with this week’s elimination of Philip.
In this episode:
- Is this one of Belgium’s strongest episodes ever?
- Could anyone still be The Mole?
- What is “The Spanish Fury”?
- Is Philip’s injury the first one we’ve ever seen need medical attention on Belgie?
- We discuss the Flintstones Reboot we’ve all been waiting for.
- We try not to commit to doing the rumoured US Mole reboot.
- Can we add children to the list of things Sven hates?
- Would we have wanted to be Hansel & Gretel or Storytellers?
- Has Annelotte loved anything more than the house of sweets?
- What did the witch say to Hansel & Gretel?
- How many languages does Gilles speak?
- How easy is it to match the fairytales?
- We learn more about Logan’s childhood.
- Was the Mole told to take a backseat this week?
- How hyper were Lennart & Annelotte in the Haunted House challenge?
- We have more praise for the balance of the show.
- Why is it a shame that Noah didn’t reach the final four?
- Should they have revealed the challenge to Philip & Sven at all?
- Would the Haunted House challenge have been as successful if it was near the start of the season?
- What was Lennart drinking?
- I spot a very sneaky Production joke.
- Is Hansel & Gretel all about ducks?
- Production have been reading Logan’s Facebook timeline.
- How are contestants still interesting in dull moments?
- Is Sven in a Wedding Dress one of the best Belgie moments ever?
- How quickly did Lennart drop?
- Can there be any redemption after seeing two men discuss a woman’s underwear choices?
- What will Isi’s reward be?
- Who did Annelotte compete against?
- Did we know about Sven’s fear of heights?
- Should you still spread at final four?
- I have a title for next week already.
- We lock in our final suspects (after much deliberation).
- Is it plausible that no-one has suspect Lennart at all?
- Will the Mole be unmasked?
- We give the penultimate First Suspicions and Pool updates.
- Who will win the season?
- And we have a plea for something coming later in the year!
Following the first episode of the season, Logan & I each drafted five candidates. As I won last year’s Belgian pool (entirely by stealing Alina from Logan’s team), I got first draft.
As Philip was eliminated, my team is now Annelotte & Lennart and Logan’s is still Sven. With our final three now known, we should know our winner next week!
See you next week!